MILK PEDA WITH MILK POWDER AND CONDENSED MILK
Milk peda | Paal peda |Dhoodh peda is a very simple and easy dessert made with milk. If you are running out of time but still wanted to try out an easy sweet then this milk peda is the exactly perfect sweet for you. The entire process can be done in Microwave oven but since i don’t have microwave oven i made it in the stove top. It took less than 10 minutes for me for the entire process.
INGREDEINTS:(YIELDS : 35 - 40 PEDAS)
|MILK POWDER||2 CUPS|
|CONDENSED MILK||1 CAN (395GMS)|
|BUTTER | GHEE||2 TBLSP + 2 TSP|
- Soak the saffron in a tblsp of warm milk for 10 minutes.
- In a wide non stick pan, combine the condensed milk and milk powder and mix it into a smooth paste without any lumps. It should be like a thick idli batter.
- Add butter | ghee to this and start mixing them on a low flame.
- Add the saffron milk to this and mix well without getting it burnt .
- I added a pinch of Everest Milk masala to get an enhanced flavor.
- After 7-8 minutes the mixture will come out like a soft ball without sticking to the bottom.
- Stop the flame and allow it to become warm.
- Grease your hands with butter | ghee and grease the chapathi rolling stick too.
- Grease the base as well and knead the mass of peda and roll it into a circle of your desired thickness.
- I wanted to get a perfect shape so adapted this easy way and made cute shapes with cookie cutter. Thank u so much Nags for the cookie cutter ,i loved the cute edges.
- If you don’t have the cookie cutter you can just make small balls and flatten it.
- Do not cook till it becomes a hard mass, just take it when it gathers a mass by not sticking to the bottom. When it is cools down slightly it will be thick.
- If it is too thick the pedas will be hard. In that case, just sprinkle few drops of milk and knead it and make pedas.
- I added saffron to get the kesar flavor, you can add a tblsp of cococa powder to get chocolate peda or you can cardamom powder to get a nice cardamom flavor.
- My friend told when she tried in microwave and she used 1 and 3/4 cup of milk powder.
- This can be stored in the refrigerator for a week
Check out this Badam Peda which i have tried from Priya's space long back.