INGREDIENTS: ( MAKES 8- 10)
|WHOLE GREEN MOONG DAL||1 CUP|
|GINGER||A SMALL PIECE|
|OIL||AS NEEDED (WHILE MAKING)|
- Wash and soak the green moong dal for 4-5 hours or overnight too.
- If using rice flour add it while soaking.
- After 4-5 hours drain the water grind in a mixer along with green chilli,ginger salt and asafoetida.
- No need to ferment the batter. It is now ready to make pesarattu.Chop the onions finely.
- Heat a griddle |tawa and when it hot pour a ladle full of pesarattu batter to the tawa and make a thin circle like a dosa.
- Sprinkle some chopped onions on the top and pat gently with a spatula.
- When cooked on the top, flip it over and smear with little oil.
- Enjoy hot with any chutney or even you can have it as it is too.
- You can add grated carrots while adding onions.