INGREDIENTS: (SERVES 3-4 PERSON)
|SAMBAR POWDER(Can be replaced with red chilli powder)||1-2 TSP|
|TURMERIC POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
- Peel the skin of the potatoes and chop into cubes.
- If you are going to make the curry immediately proceed further, else transfer the chopped potatoes in a bowl of water. This is to avoid the decolouration of potatoes.
- In a pan,add oil and temper with mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- Add the potatoes (if immersed in water drain the excess water and pat dry them in a kitchen towel) and add it to the pan. Add sambar powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Gently mix and let it get roasted in a medium flame for 10 to 15 minutes. Saute in between to avoid getting burnt.
- Serve with any rice of your choice.