First I wish you all a very happy and prosperous New year 2013. Happy to start the New year post with Sweet Badam Kheer. Badam kheer is a very simple drink which i learned from my Mil after marriage. Without any further ramblings let me move on to the recipe of badam kheer.
|BADAM | ALMOND||1/4 CUP|
|CONDENSED MILK||2-3 TBLSP(OPTIONAL)|
|YELLOW FOOD COLOR||2 DROPS|
- Soak badam in hot water for 1/2 an hour.
- Keep it aside and take out the skin of the almonds .
- Do not discard the skin, this can be used while grinding any thogaiyals.
- Grind the blanched badam into a smooth paste. While grinding you can add milk instead of water.
- Soak saffron in 3 tblsp of warm milk.
- Boil 3 cups of milk in a heavy bottomed pan. Keep stirring it till the milk reduces little.No need to make it half the quantity.
- If adding condensed milk add at this stage.
- Add the ground badam and saffron mixture to this.
- Keep the flame low and stir well without getting burnt.
- If adding food color add at this stage and switch off the flame.
- Add sugar and stir well.
- Badam milk | badam kheer is ready to serve. you can serve it chilled or serve warm.
- But i recommend serving this chilled.
- I sliced few badam and cashew nuts(1 tblsp) and added to this while serving.
- Do not keep the badam milk on the flame for not more than 3 minutes after adding the badam paste.
- Add sugar in the last else it may curdle.
- Never reheat this.