INGREDIENTS: ( Serves 3)
|CAULIFLOWER||1 (MEDIUM SIZE)|
|GINGER GARLIC PASTE||1 /2 TSP|
|BLACK PEPPER||3/4 TSP|
|CUMIN SEEDS||1/2 TSP|
|TURMERIC POWDER||A PINCH|
- Wash the cauliflower and cut them into small florets.
- Chop the onions into thin slices. In a pan add oil and add ginger garlic paste.
- Saute for a while and add the onions and saute till they become translucent.
- Add the cauliflower florets to this. Using a mortar and pestle, coarsely ground the black pepper and cumin seeds separately.
- Add this to the cauliflower and add salt and turmeric powder.
- Sprinkle little water and cook the florets become soft.
- Switch off the flame once it is done.
- Serve hot with rasam rice or sambar rice. Even this will taste yum with Phulkas.
- Do not add any curry leaves or coriander leaves as this will supress the pepper flavor.
- You can use store bought pepper powder and cumin powder but freshly ground one is highly recommended.