Cooking mushrooms is a new addition in my kitchen as i have never attempted to cook any gravy with mushroom or include in any rice variety. Since kids doesn’t eat mushrooms, even on the pizza topping, i am bit hesitant to try out Mushroom Recipes. But i was getting requests from readers for posting mushroom recipes. So finally i bought a small box of button mushrooms and thank you Nags for helping me out in choosing the variety of mushroom. But to my great surprise, kids loved this Kadai mushroom and i am making this the third time in the last one month. Check out my mushroom masala, mushroom pulao and mushroom soup recipe.
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 3-4
White button Mushrooms 300 gms (10 pieces approx)
Capsicum |bell pepper 1/2
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Cumin powder 1/2 tsp
Ginger garlic paste 1/2 tsp
Oil 1 tblsp
Garam masala 1/4 tsp
Kasoori Methi 2 pinches
Salt as needed
Video of Kadai maushroom
- Wash and chop the mushrooms. While washing the mushrroms, run them in cold water and wash nicely with hands to remove dirt if any on the top.
- Chop the mushrooms into cubes. Chop the capsicum into cubes.
- In a pan add oil,and add the ginger garlic paste and add when the raw smell goes add the cubed onions.
- Puree the tomatoes and add to the pan once the onions become translucent.
- Add the red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin seed and garam masala.
- Cook till the raw smell of the masala goes.
- Add the mushrooms to this.
- Add water to this ( 1/2 cup of water is enough) and cover it for 2 minutes.
- Open the lid and let it cook in a low flame for 5-7 minutes.
- Add kasoori methi to this.
- Add capsicum to this and cook for 2 minutes.