As mentioned in one of my previous post, we shifted to the new house yesterday and was quite busy in settling down in the house. But thankfully it is within the same apartment as the locality is used to us. This week i will be posting recipes from draft and haven’t started to click anything new in this big kitchen. Yes , the kitchen here is huge and i am so excited too. Coming the recipe of Baby corn stir fry, it is an easy and simple one and if you are fan of baby corn recipes like me, then this recipe of baby corn masala is for you. This goes well with rice and rotis too. Thank you for all my blogger friends for visiting my page in my absence. I will come back to routine from next week. INGREDIENTS: [SERVES 3]
|GINGER GARLIC PASTE||1 TSP|
|SAMBAR POWDER||1 TSP|
|TURMERIC POWDER||A PINCH|
|CUMIN SEEDS (JEERA)||1/4 TSP|
|LEMON JUICE||FEW DROPS (OPTIONAL)|
- Wash the baby corn and cut them into small pieces as shown in the picture.
- Pressure cook this till 3 whistles by adding little salt and turmeric powder.
- I made ginger garlic paste using mortar and pestle. It was very flavourful and much better than the store bought ones.
- In a pan add oil and throw in the cumin seeds. Add the ginger garlic paste . Saute in a medium low flame for few minutes and add the onions. Chop the onions in a slightly bigger size.
- After few minutes add the cubed capsicums.
- Saute for few minutes.Let this be crunchy. Now add the sambar powder, salt. Mix well and cook in a medium low flame for few minutes.
- Add the cooked baby corn, drain if the water is too much. Little water is ok.
- Mix well and saute for few minutes.
- Switch off the flame and squeeze the lemon juice ( if adding)
- Mix well. If you want you can add coriander leaves too.
- Serve with Roti or with rice. We had with vegetable rice.