Check out my
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | serves: 4 | Author: Jeyashri
Paneer do pyaza is a restaurant style paneer recipe and the recipe calls for more onions and less tomatoes unlike the usual tomato based paneer recipes.
Onion 4 + 1
Paneer cubes 1 cup
Green chili 1
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Cumin powder 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Garam masala 1/2 tsp
Kasoori methi 2 pinches
Oil 1 tblsp
Salt to taste
Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
Cashew nuts 7-8
Method with step by step pictures:
- Chop 4 onions finely and add oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds and add the finely chopped onions.
- slit the green chilli and add it to the onions.
- Add salt and turmeric powder.
- Saute till the onions become translucent.
- Add the coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala and cumin powder.
- Saute till the raw smell of the powder goes off.
- Add little water(1/2 cup approx.) and cook for few minutes.
- grind the tomatoes and capsicum into a fine paste and add it to the onion masala.
- Let it cook for some time , now add the 1 onion which we have (see the ingredient list), chop it into cubes and add it to the masala.
- add little water and add the paneer cubes.
- If you want you can shallow fry the paneer cubes too.
- Add crushed kasoori methi leaves.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and adjust the consistency.
- Dry roast the cashew nuts for few minutes and coarsely powder them using a mortar and pestle.
- Add it to the gravy and switch off the flame.
- The color of the gravy depends upon the color of capsicum you use.
- Paneer cubes can be deep fried or shallow fried and added.
- I added as it is and it tasted yum too.
- you can add ginger garlic paste too, after adding onions in the beginning of making the paneer do pyaza.