Masala puri chaat is introduced by my friend who makes this often for her daughter. the day when she told about this masala puri chaat i wanted to try it out and she forwarded the recipe which she noted down in her mobile through an sms. I tried this on the very next day when Nags and Raks visited my place i made this, in fact i took a chance and tried for the first time. It came out very well and we all enjoyed it along with Khaman Dhokla. So as promised in my Home made pani puri post, i am sharing the recipe of masala puri chaat recipe.
Actually the amount of chutneys we use in this recipe purely depends upon your taste.
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 4-5.
|DRIED GREEN PEAS||1 CUP|
|SWEET CHUTNEY||2 TBLSP|
|GREEN CHUTNEY||1 TBLSP|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|CUMIN POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|CHAAT MASALA||1/2 TSP|
|CORIANDER LEAVES||1/4 CUP|
- Soak the dry green peas for 8 hours or over night. Pressure cook this by adding little salt till 3 whistles.
- Take out 1/4 cup of cooked peas and grind the rest of the peas into a smooth paste along with coriander leaves and green chilli.
- In a pan add oil and add the ground green peas puree to this and saute in a low flame for a few minutes.
- Add little water to this and add the red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder , chaat masala and little salt.
- Mix this well and let it come to nice boil . This will take 2-3 minutes. Switch off the flame.
- Now let us arrange the masala puri chaat for serving.
- Break the pani puris and put it on a bowl or plate.
- Add the green peas masala puree to this. Add 3-4 tblsp of this masala.
- Add 1-2 tsp of the green peas which we reserved after cooking the green peas.
- Add the sweet chutney and green chutney .
- Add the finely chopped onions and tomatoes.
- Garnish with Sev and coriander leaves.
- If you don’t have puris at home you can try with Papadis.
- The original recipe which my friend told includes the addition of yogurt, but i didn’t add.
- If adding yogurt,add a tblsp after adding the cooked whole green peas.