Recently i got a Thai vegetarian cook book from a friend and i saw many interesting Thai recipes in that book and i noted down few interesting recipes which i will post one by one. This Pineapple and cucumber salad which i tried 2 days back turned out totally awesome.I can say it is a perfect and refreshing salad and a must try salad at home for this summer.
INGREDIENTS: [SERVES 3-4]
|PINEAPPLE (CUBED)||1 CUP|
|RED CHILLI FLAKES||TO TASTE|
|SOYA SAUCE||1/2 TSP|
|ROASTED PEANUTS||1/4 CUP|
I didn’t make any step wise pictures as i was very easy to make and no cooking is involved.
- Cube the pineapple and cucumber.( i used the Japanese cucumber)
- If using the Indian cucumber, scoop out the seeds if you don’t like and peel off the skin too.
- In a wide bowl, combine the pineapple, cucumber and add the red chilli flakes.
- Crush the roasted peanuts in a mixer coarsely and add to the salad.
- Mix well. since the peanuts i used the salted roasted peanuts i didn’t add salt.
- Serve immediately. If serving later, add the peanuts before serving.