Here is the recipe of aloo methi recipe.
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 2
|METHI LEAVES||1 AND 1/2 CUP|
|CUMIN SEEDS||1/2 TSP|
|CHOPPED GARLIC||1/2 TBLSP|
|TURMERIC POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|CORIANDER POWDER||1 AND 1/2 TSP|
- Wash the methi leaves and chop them finely. Sprinkle little salt over them and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Par boil the potatoes ,peel the skin and cut them into cubes.
- Squeeze out the excess water from methi leaves and keep the leaves aside. Discard the water
- Heat oil in a pan, and add the cumin seeds, and add the chopped garlic, ginger, green chilli , asafoetida and red chilli .
- Add the potatoes and coriander powder ,turmeric powder and mix well. Add salt.
- After 2 minutes add the methi leaves and mix well.
- Cook for few minutes in a medium flame and switch off the flame.
- Serve hot with rotis or jeera rice.
- Cauliflower can be used instead of potatoes.