Aloo Methi is a very popular combo of potatoes and fresh methi leaves, normally made in Punjabi cusine. So many times i tried this aloo methi recipe, but never know that the authentic punjabi aloo methi is made in this way,until is see the Tarla Dalal recipe book. This aloo methi methi can be had with rotis and evn for sambar or rasam rice too.
Here is the recipe of aloo methi recipe.
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 2
|METHI LEAVES||1 AND 1/2 CUP|
|CUMIN SEEDS||1/2 TSP|
|CHOPPED GARLIC||1/2 TBLSP|
|TURMERIC POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|CORIANDER POWDER||1 AND 1/2 TSP|
- Wash the methi leaves and chop them finely. Sprinkle little salt over them and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Par boil the potatoes ,peel the skin and cut them into cubes.
- Squeeze out the excess water from methi leaves and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, and add the cumin seeds, and add the chopped garlic, ginger, green chilli , asafoetida and red chilli .
- Add the potatoes and coriander powder ,turmeric powder and mix well. Add salt.
- After 2 minutes add the methi leaves and mix well.
- Cook for few minutes in a medium flame and switch off the flame.
- Serve hot with rotis or jeera rice.
- Cauliflower can be used instead of potatoes.