Thai green curry or Kaeng Khiao Wan, is an easy and interesting Thai recipe which i learnt from a friend . I have tasted this recently when i visited her house and it was a long time due for me to taste this Thai green curry as my friend was inviting me for a quite long time to her house. Most of the vegetarian Thai dishes are similar to the Indian dishes. . I have made the Thai green curry paste at home. Even this Thai green curry is a similar one like South Indian aviyal ,loaded with flavours. Lemon grass , Thai ginger, Lime leaves are the 2 ingredients makes this Thai green Curry more flavourful.
INGREDEINTS: ( for Thai green curry paste)
Here we get the Tom Yam Set. I just bought that set , which includes few lemon grass sticks, few lime leaves, shallot, green chilli, and Thai ginger.
|LEMON GRASS||1 STICK|
|THAI GINGER ( can use normal ginger)||SMALL PIECE|
|THAI GREEN CHILLI||3-4|
- Wash the ingredients except salt and oil and grind it into a smooth paste adding the salt and oil.
INGREDIENTS: (FOR GRAVY) SERVES :2 -3
|COCONUT MILK||1/2 CUP|
|LIME LEAVES||1 (TO GARNISH)|
- Chop the veggies. I used the orange and yellow capsicum.
- In a pan, add the veggies and saute for a minute in a low flame and add 1/4 cup of water.
- Add salt and sugar. Do not over cook the veggies. Let it be crunchy.
- Add 2 tblsp of Thai green paste(recipe above)
- Add the coconut milk. i used the store bought coconut milk.
- Let this boil for sometime(2 minutes) in a low flame.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with lime leaves.
- Thai green curry is ready to serve. Serve with Fried rice or plain rice.
- You can add carrots, cauliflower too.
- Traditionally, turkey berry beans(sundakkai) is added .