INGREDIENTS: MAKES 4-5 SPRING ROLLS
|SPRING ROLL SHEETS||4-5|
|CABBAGE (SHREDDED)||3 TBLSP|
|CARROT (THINLY SLICED)||2 TBLSP|
|CAPSICUM(THINLY CHOPPED)||1-2 TBLSP|
|PEPPER POWDER||TO TASTE|
|OIL||TO DEEP FRY + 1 TSP|
|SOYA SAUCE||1 TSP (OPTIONAL)|
- Take out the spring roll sheets from the frrezer and thaw this for 45 minutes.
- In the mean time, let us make the filling for spring rolls.
- In a pan add the thinly chopped veggies and add the pepper and salt.
- If adding soya sauce, add at this stage. Saute for 2 minutes in high flame. Let the vegetables be crunchy. Do not over cook.
- Allow this to cool.
- Take a clean damp cloth ( i used kitchen tissue) and cover it to avoid the sheets from drying. Carefully take out one sheet.
- Place little filling on the one edge of the sheet.
- Roll this till half of the sheet. Fold the sides and bring it to the center.
- apply little water on the edges and roll it tightly. If you feel it is not sealed properly, you can use corn flour paste. apply on the edges.
- Just watch the video of rolling the spring rolls in the video below.
- Repeat the same for the rest of the filling.
- If you want to freeze place it in a ziplock cover and freeze it.
- Keep oil for deep frying. Place the spring rolls into the oil. Do not over load.
- Fry on both sides until golden brown. Drain excess oil in kitchen towel.
- You can add any filling of your choice. Even a potato filling will taste nice.
- Always serve hot.