As mentioned in my previous post of Basil Walnut pesto i am posting today the recipe of the basil walnut pesto pasta, that is pasta made with pesto. Before going to the post i want to share with you all that Jeyashri’s Kitchen has been featured in India today (tamil weekly magazine) . I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all your support and your continuous encouragement.
|PASTA (I used penne)||1 cup|
|OLIVE OIL||1 TSP|
|TOMATO OR CHEERY TOMATOES||1/2 OR 2|
|WALNUTS||1-2 TO GARNISH|
|BASIL WALNUT PESTO||1/4 CUP|
|CHEESE||1 TBLSP (TO GARNISH)|
- Cook the pasta as per the instructions.
- In a pan, add olive oil and the basil leaves. Half the cherry tomatoes or if using normal tomatoes, cut them lengthwise.
- Saute for a minute. Let the tomatoes be crunchy.
- Add in the pesto and saute for few seconds.
- Add the cooked pasta and mix evenly. Let the pesto be evenly coated with the pasta.
- Garnish with walnut bits.
- Just before serving add the cheese and always serve hot.
- always saute the tomatoes and pesto in a low flame.
- I used penne pasta. You can use Fuseli , spaghetti or any other pasta of your choice.