Generally i make pasta for kids with Pasta Sauce , and being bored with the usual style i wanted to try a new version of pasta. My daughter Varsha came up with the idea of this Masala pasta and i tried with a small batch of pasta last week for her and she enjoyed it a lot. Last weekend i made this for all of us and sharing the recipe of Indian style Masala pasta recipe here.
|PASTA (ANY VARIETY)||2 CUPS|
|SAMBAR POWDER||1 TSP|
|TURMERIC POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|MIXED VEGETABLES*||1/2 CUP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|PAV BHAJI MASALA||1/4 TSP|
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Slice the onions and finely chop the vegetables and tomatoes. * I used carrots, capsicum,corn kernels, green peas, broccoli, and cauliflower.
- In a pan add oil and throw in the mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Add in the sliced onions and when it turns pink add the tomatoes.
- Cook in a medium flame till the tomatoes are cooked.
- Add in the chopped veggies and add the sambar powder, salt ( just for the veggies), turmeric powder and the pavbhaji masala.
- Mix well and cook it for sometime , let the vegetables be crunchy and not over cooked.
- Add the cooked pasta to this. Before adding the pasta run the pasta in cold water in a colander. This is to get moisture to the pasta.
- Mix well and cook in a low flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Switch off the flame. Serve hot .
- You can add any veggies of your choice.
- Instead of sambar powder you can add pepper too.