Gobi manchurian dry is a easy vegetarian starter recipe, which we generally order in restaurants but due to laziness never tried at home.Both my kids love Gobi manchurian and one day i wanted to surprise them so made this gobi manchurian, and they enjoyed a lot and asked me to make this for their lunch box one day along with vegetable fried rice. So let me share the recipe of this easy ,crispy vegetarian starter Gobi manchurian. Check out chili paneer dry recipe
Recipe updated with video
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 40 Mins |Serves: 3
Gobi Manchurian dry
Gobi Manchurian dry
Cauliflower 1 big floret
Capsicum | bell pepper 1/2
Garlic 4 pods
Ginger garlic paste 1 tblsp
Soya sauce 1 tsp
Tomato ketchup 1 tsp
Green chili 1
Maida | all purpose flour 3 tblsp
Corn flour 2 tblsp
Rice flour 1 tblsp
Oil for deep frying
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Salt as needed
Spring onion green few (for garnish)
- Dip the cauliflower in hot water and pat dry it. Make them into medium sized florets.
- In a wide bowl, add maida, corn flour , rice flour, red chilli powder, salt, ginger garlic paste and salt.
- Add little water to this and make it into a batter(dosa batter consistency)
- Mix the cauliflower florets to this batter and ensure that it is evenly coated.
- Heat the oil and when it is hot place the cauliflower florets dipped in batter and fry them into golden brown . Fry them in batches. Do not over load the oil pan else it will become soggy.
- Finely chop the onions, garlic, ginger and chilli.
- In a pan add 1 tblsp of oil and throw in the sugar and add the onions, garlic, ginger and green chilli.
- Cube the capsicums.
- Saute them for few minutes, let it be crunchy. Add in the soya sauce, tomato sauce and salt to taste. Soy sauce contains salt.
- Add in the fried cauliflower florets. Mix well and garnish with finely chopped spring onions.
- Always serve hot.
- Instead of red chilli in the batter you can add black pepper powder
- Rice flour adds crispiness to the manchurian, so do not skip.