Lachha paratha is the one which i wanted to try for a long time, it finally worked out during the long weekend last week. Lachha paratha turned out flaky and we enjoyed with Palak kofta Gravy( my next post ) During our childhood days, we used to eat the Kerala Malabar Parrota in a friend’s place and we too help her mom in making the parrota. In that same way i have tried this Lachha paratha and let me share the recipe of Lachha Paratha.
INGREDIENTS: 6-7 PARATHAS
|WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR | ATTA||2 CUPS|
|OIL| BUTTER||TO GREASE THE PARATHA|
|WATER||TO KNEAD THE DOUGH|
- In a wide bowl add the flour and salt and knead the dough using luke warm water. Make it into a pliable soft dough. Keep it covered and set aside for 20 minutes.
- After that divide the dough into 7 equal parts.
- Dust the dough in dry atta. Roll it into a big round chapathi.
- Spread this with ghee evenly and sprinkle some atta on this.
- Start making thin pleats out of this and twist the pleated dough. The more the pleats you will get more layers.
- Make it into a pinwheel and dust the rolling board with flour and start rolling gently so that the layers will be there. Make it into a paratha.
- Heat a griddle and cook the parathas on both sides. Apply oil | ghee on both sides.
- Slightly crush the parathas gently to make the layers more visible.
- Serve hot with any Paneer dish or any other side dish of your choice.
- Always make the pleat thin , the more the pleats the parathas will be very flaky.
- You can add 1/2 cup of maida(plain flour) to the dough while kneading.