INGREDIENTS: SERVES 2
|KADALAI PARRUPU| CHANNA DAL||1/2 CUP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|TURMERIC POWDER||A PINCH|
|COCONUT OIL||FEW DROPS (OPTIONAL)|
|COOKING OIL||1/2 TSP|
- Soak the kadalai paruppu | chana dal for 45 minutes.
- Pressure cook this by adding a pinch of turmeric powder and little salt, till one whistle.
- Be careful not to mash this dal by over cooking.
- Drain the excess water. In a pan add cooking oil and temper with mustard seeds and broken red chilli.
- when the mustards start spluttering, add the cooked chana dal. Mix well and saute for a minute.
- Add the scrapped coconut and mix well.Switch off the flame. Drizzle few drops of coconut oil(if using) and mix evenly. Garnish with curry leaves.
- Kadalai paruppu Sundal is ready for Neivedhyam.
- You can replace red chillis with green chillis too.
- Always ensure that the chana dal should not be over cooked.