This phirni recipe is a must try one and without thinking too much i had 2 full bowl of Phirni and now craving while typing the post too !!
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 4-5
|BASMATI RICE||4 TBLSP|
|LOW FAT MILK||3 CUPS|
|CONDENSED MILK||1/2 CUP|
|ALMONDS | CASHEW||FEW|
|CARDAMOM POWDER||A PINCH(OPTIONAL)|
- Soak the rice in water for 20 minutes. Drain the water and grind this into a fine paste.
- Boil milk in a pan, when it starts boiling add the ground rice paste to this and mix well. Keep the flame low and stir in a low flame to avoid lumps and the to avoid getting burnt.
- When it starts thickening, after 15 minutes, add saffron strands and cardamom powder.
- Add condensed milk to this and mix well.. the mixture will be semi thick by this time.
- When it is warm, pour them in the serving bowls and garnish with chopped almonds and cashews on the top. Cover this with a cling wrap and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
- If you find sugar is less add 1-2 tblsp of sugar
- Super delicious Phirni is ready for serving. I bet your family members and guests will be totally delighted by this dessert.
- You can soak and grind few almonds along with rice to make this more richer.
- I used low fat milk but still the texture was so creamy and thick. So no need to use full cream milk.
- You can add rose essence in the last to make it a rose pudding.