Every time it is tough to decide what to make a side dish for dosa | idli. This pottukadalai Chutney can be made with or without coconut too. I just tried this recipe as the similar way as i did my Peanut Chutney . I added coconut but tried without coconut too. Both versions of Pottukadalai chutney tasted awesome with Idli and Dosa. Try this easy pottukadalai |fried gram| roasted gram chutney. Check out the collections of Chutney recipes HERE.
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 3
|POTTUKADALAI | FRIED GRAM | ROASTED GRAM||1/4 CUP|
- In a small pan, add little oil and add the red chilli, garlic and roast till golden brown in a low flame.
- If adding coconut add in the last and let the coconut coconut get roasted in the heat of the pan.
- Allow this to cool and grind this along with pottukadalai.
- Add water to get the desired consistency.
- Temper with mustard seeds and curry leaves