The pictures didn't turn out well as the sunlight was bit harsh and i don't have much time to wait and click.
- Take out the skin of 2 Oranges.
- Cut them into thin stripes. Cut the green chilies
- In a pan add oil and throw in the mustard seeds,curry leaves, asafoetida and red chilli.
- Add the green chilies and the cut orange peel. Saute for a minute in medium flame.
- Add the tamarind extract taken from small lemon sized tamarind.
- Add sambar powder, turmeric powder, jaggery and salt.
- Allow this to boil in a medium flame. Let this mixture become a semi thick gravy and the orange ppels would have cooked by now.
- Switch off the flame. Transfer it to a serving bowl.
- This orange pachadi can be stored in a refrigerator for a week.
- A best combo for curd rice too.