Check out my SOUTH INDIAN BREAKFAST RECIPES
- Dry roast the rava in a low flame . Do not over do and change the color.
- Keep it aside.
- Chop the onions, tomato, green chilli, carrots very finely.
- In a pan add oil mustard seeds, channa dal, urad dal, green chillies,curry leaves and cashew nuts(if adding).
- Keep the flame low and roast till the dals turn golden brown. Add the onions and saute till they becomes soft.
- Add tomatoes and saute till they become soft.
- Add salt and turmeric powder.
- Add the veggies and saute for a minute.
- Add water to this.
- Rava kichadi is ready to serve.Always serve hot. You can serve with coconut chutney or sambar or a simple pickle too.
- Sometimes the rava needs extra 1/2 cup water to get cooked completely. It depends on the quality of rava.
- Always keep a cup of very hot water by the side so that in case if it need more water you can add it after adding the rava.
- You can add potatoes and beans if you want. Chop them finely and add with the veggies.