Childhood days stories are never ending. Let me continue to the post. How to make drumstick leaves poriyal | murungai keerai poriyal. This is best for lactating mothers.
- Wash the murungai keerai and take out the leaves one by one without any sticks or yellow leaves. Both are not good for tummy.
- Slice the small onion into round slices. You can use big onions to. But small onions give awesome taste to the poriyal. Soak the moong dal in water for 15 minutes.
- Heat a pan and add oil. Add the mustard seeds,urad dal and red chili. Add in the onions and cook till they turn pink.
- Add the drumstick leaves and add salt and sugar. Adding sugar retains color and also balance the bitterness of the drumstick leaves.
- Cook for 2 minutes and add the soaked moong dal. Drain the water and add.
- Mix well and cook for 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle little water.
- Add the coconut and mix well. Switch off the flame.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl.
- Murungai keerai poriyal is ready to serve. This can be had with hot rice and also rasam and sambar are a good combo for this poriyal.
- Small onions|shallots enhance the taste of the poriyal.
- Adding moong dal is optional but gives volume and taste to the poriyal.
- Addition of sugar retains the colour and balances the bitterness of the keerai.
Technorati Tags: drumstick leaves poriyal,murungai keerai poriyal,recipes using drumstick leaves,health benefits of drumstick leaves,south indian poriyal recipes,dry curry recipes