Check out my
Take out the skin of onion and and cut them into small. Chop the tomato finely.
- Take out the skin of garlic and ginger.
- In a pan add 1 tsp of oil and add the chopped onions, garlic and ginger.
- Add in the fennel seeds. Switch off the flame and add the coconut.
- Saute the chopped tomatoes till it turns mushy. Allow this to cool.
- Grind the onion mixture and tomato mixture into a fine paste.
- In a pan add oil and add in the mustard seeds and curry leaves. Add the ground masala and add 1 to 2 cups of water. Add turmeric powder, salt, red chilli powder and coriander powder.
- Allow this to boil for 10 minutes in a medium low flame till the raw smell of the powders disappear. Switch off the flame.
- Serve hot with plain rice.
- You can skip the step of grinding the tomatoes and grind only the onion, garlic mixture. Since i don’t like the tomato chunks i ground the tomatoes.
- You can add pattai, cloves,bay leaf and one elachi while tempering the mustard seeds.
- You can replace fennel with cumin seeds too.