Pottu kadalai Urundai
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 15 Mins |Yields: 14
Pottukadalai|Roasted Gram 1 and 1/2 cup
Jaggery 1/2 cup
Coconut bits 2 tblsp (optional)
Cardamom powder a pinch
Ghee 1/2 tsp
- In a pan roast the coconut bits by adding little ghee. Add jaggery to this and add little water and allow this to boil.
- Check the consistency of vellam by dissolving few drops of vellam in water. When you could able to make a hard ball with that switch off the flame. The hard ball is when the gathered mass if you put on a plate it should give a sound. Add cardamom powder to the jaggery .
- Keep the pottukadalai in a wide bowl and add this jaggery syrup to the pottukadalai.
- Mix this quickly and evenly and when it is warm, grease your hands with ghee and make balls of your desired size.
- Pottukadalai urundai is ready.
- Adding coconut is optional. But it will be nice if you add it.
- Always ensure that the hard ball consistency is formed, else you should not able to form a ball.
- You can add roasted peanuts.