Sweet potato curry
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 3
Sweet Potato 2 (medium size)
Sambar Powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil 3 tsp
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves few (optional)
- Pressure cook the sweet potato till 2 whistles. Ensure not to cook this too much , else it will be mashed. The best way to cook is wash the sweet potato and keep it inside a vessel and sprinkle little water to this. You can cook this even with rice and dal too. That is it won't get mashed even after 5-6 whistles if u make in this method. If u put directlyi n the cooker it will be mashed soon.
- Peel the skin and cut them into cubes.
- Add sambar powder, salt and turmeric powder to this.
- In a pan add oil and add the mustard seeds, When it splutters add in the sweet potato mixture.
- Mix well so as the powders coat to the sweet potato evenly. Cook in a low flame. Cook for 5 mins and add the chopped coriander leaves.
- Cook till it is evenly roasted. It will take 7-10 minutes in a non stick pan.
- Sweet potato curry is ready to serve. It goes very well with sambar rice and rasam rice too.
- Take care not to overcook the sweet potato.
- The curry will not taste too sweet.