Brown rice are high in fibre, it promotes weight loss too. It is good for diabetic people too And also helps to lower cholesterol too
How to cook Brown rice
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 2
Brown rice 1/2 cup
Water 3/4 cup
Salt little to taste
- Wash the rice and soak it in water for 15 minutes.
- Place the rice in a vessel and add salt. Cover it with a plate.
- Pressure cook this till 8-9 whistles.
- Fluff it up with a fork.
- Brown Rice is ready . The texture of brown rice will always be chewy.
- You can many recipes with brown rice, I will be posting a brown rice pulao recipe in few hours . Stay tuned.
- Soaking the rice makes cooking of brown rice easy.
- The more you soak the softer rice you get.
- Always keep the flame medium low while cooking in pressure cooker.
- If cooking on open pan, add 1 cup of water and allow this to boil.
- Then add the rice and cook. Add few drops of oil if needed.