This sandwich doesn't require much cooking. Also since curd is used for the filling, it will be perfect for breakfast and also an evening snack for kids, when they come back from home. I made this Indian style sandwich with home made yoghurt. Me and my mom enjoyed this for breakfast. Try this out and let me know how it turned out for you.
Preparation Time : 30 mins | Cooking Time : 2 Mins (to toast bread) |Serves: 2
Bread slices 4
Yogurt | curd 1/4 cup
Bell pepper | capsicum 2 tbslp (cut into long)
Cabbage 2 tblsp
Chilli flakes or pepper powder to taste
Butter to toast the bread
Coriander leaves few
Salt to taste
- Put the yoghurt in the tea strainer and keep it inside the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Keep a vessel below this. This is to remove the extra water and make the sandwich creamy.
- I used the home made curd.
- Chop the veggies into thin long ones.
- Mix the yoghurt, veggies, chili flakes and chopped coriander leaves in a wide bowl.
- Toast the bread slices. Add little butter while toasting. Either you can toast the bread on tawa or toast on the sandwich maker too.
- Spread the curd micture on one side of the bread and cover this with another bread.
- Creamy yoghurt sandwich is ready.
- You can spread Green Chutney on one side of the bread and spread the curd mixture on the top of this.
- Finely chopped green chillies can be added instead of red chili flakes.
- Oregano can also be added into this.
- Even the green mint chutney can be mixed in the curd mixture too.
- You can add cucumber, carrots to the yogurt mixture.