Preparation Time : 2 hrs+6 hrs fermentation | Cooking Time : 3 Min|dosa |Makes:10-12
Ragi | finger millet |Kezhvaragu - 1/2 cup
Samai or varagu or raw rice - 1/2 cup
Urad dal | ulundu - 1/2 cup
Methi seeds - 1/2 tsp
Aval| poha - 2 tblsp
Salt- as needed
Oil - to make dosa
- Wash and soak the ragi, samai (varagu or raw rice), urad dal,methi seeds and poha together for 2 hours.
- Grind this in a mixie or grinder into a fine paste.Add salt and ferment this for 6-7 hours.
- Mix this well and add little water to this and bring it to a dosa batter consistency.
- Heat the dosa tawa and pour in a ladle full of batter and spread it into a thin circle of dosa.
- Drizzle oil around the dosa.
- Keep the flame medium.
- Cook on one side and when it is done flip the dosa in keep it in the pan for few seconds and serve the dosa.
- The dosa was very crispy and don't have any odd taste of ragi. Kids wil surely love this for sure.
- This dosa turned out good and i tried grinding the batter both in mixie and grinder.
- You can make some stuffing and make a masala dosa too.
- Paniyarams and ootappams can also be made.
- You can add finely chopped onions to the dosa.