Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 15 Mins |Makes: 5
Idli Batter 1/2 cup
Carrot 1 small
Capsicum (bell pepper) little
Sesame oil 2 tblsp
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Salt a pinch
Onion 1 (optional)
Red chili powder 1 tsp
- In a wide bowl add the batter. Add grated carrot, chopped capsicum(i used red and green color), red chili powder, salt . In little oil temper with mustard seeds and add it to the batter. Add the sesame oil to the batter and mix well. Sesame oil makes the uttapam soft even after it is cool. So add the amount mentioned in the recipe. If needed add coriander leaves or curry leaves.
- Heat the uttapam pan and spoon in the batter in that and add 2 drops of oil. Cook on both sides and serve hot .
- This uttapam stays soft even after 2 hours. So you can easily pack for lunch box for kids.
- If adding onions you can saute this for a 2 minutes and also add into the batter.
- Adding sesame oil to the batter makes the uttapams to stay soft even after 2 hours.
- Let the batter be thick as idli batter.
- You can add finely grated cabbage also to the batter.