Ginger ale recently i tried in Punjabi Grill restuarant in Singapore. I remember my grandma making inji sorasam| a ginger syrup and mix with water and give to us when we have indigestion problem. Those days we run when ever she comes and gives this to us . But somehow nowadays started liking this but my children are running now. Try this homemade ginger ale recipe out this summer and i am sure you will love this for sure.
Ginger ale recipe
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 45 Mins |Serves: 5-6
Ginger (crushed) 1/4 cup
Sugar 1/2 cup
Lemon juice As needed (to make the juice)
Water 3/4 cup ( to make syrup)
- Peel the skin of the ginger and wash them nicely. Crush them in a mortar and pestle or grate it.
- In a pan add the crushed ginger and add the water. Allow this to boil for 15 minutes.
- Once done, allow this to cool and filter the ginger extract.
- Nicely mash the ginger with your hands and extract the juice to the fullest.
- Discard the ginger. In the same pan add the sugar and add the ginger juice to this and 1/4 cup of water.
- Let this boil for 20 minutes in a low flame.
- Switch off the flame and let this cool completely.
- Ginger ale syrup is ready. When this is completely cool transfer this in a clean bottle and store this in the refrigerator. This can be kept for 1 week to 10 days.
- When making the ginger ale juice, add 2 tblsp of ginger ale syrup to the sereving glass and squeeze in the lemon juice into it and add 1 cup of water or 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of plain soda.
- Add few ice cubes to this and serve chilled.
- Do not drink too much in a day as it will trouble your tummy.
- Instead of white sugar you can try with brown sugar or jaggery too.
- Peel the skin of the ginger properly else it will upset the tummy.