Mixed veg pakora | vegetable pakora | pakoda is a popular tea time snack recipe, made with any veggies of your choice. I have tried this once for my guests but that time i didn't have time to click the pictures for the post. As the past 2 days the weather is pretty cool here due to rains, i thought of making this mixed veg pakoras. Enjoy this pakora with green chutney and ginger cardamom tea. Check out my corn palak pakoda , thool pakoda.
Mixed vegetable Pakora
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Mixed Vegetables* 2 cups
Besan | kadalai maavu | Garbanzo flour 1/4 cup
Rice flour 1/4 cup
Salt as needed
Red chili powder 1-2 tsp
Chaat masala 1 tsp (optional)
Ajwain | omam 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves few
Oil for deep frying
*Carrot, capsicum, onion and cabbage
- Cut the veggies into thin long as shown in the picture.
- Put that in a wide vessel and mix this nicely with hands.
- Add the rice flour, besan, red chili powder, chaat masala and salt to this. as chaat masala has salt in it , add little less salt.
- Mix well and add ajwain and coriander leaves. Mix it. Leave this for 5 minutes.
- The onions will ooze out the water so need to add water. If you feel it is dry and not binding well, sprinkle little water.
- Heat oil for frying. When the oil is hot put the pakora mix in oil in small quantities.
- Cook till the pakoras becomes golden brown.
- Drain the excess oil in a kitchen towel.
- Pakoras are ready to serve with hot tea and green chutney.
- You can skip onions if you do not want.
- Mint leaves can also be added to the pakoras.
- You can also added thinly sliced zucchini, beetroot too.
- Amchoor powder can be added instead of chaat masala. Even crushed fennel seeds and crushed garlic can be added
- Finely chopped spinach can also be added.
- Do not fry the pakoras in low flame, else it will become soggy.