Check out my
- Recipe Cusine: Indian
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 30 Minutes
- Serves: 2-3
- Author: Jeyashri
- Recipe Category: Lunch | Dinner
- Description: Dum Aloo recipe a popular tomato and yogurt based gravy, pairs well with jeera rice and chapati.
Baby potato 10
Tomato Puree 1/2 cup (from 4 ripe tomatoes)
Red chili powder 1-2 tsp
Garam masala 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder 1/2 tsp
Ginger garlic paste 1/2 tsp
Yogurt 1/2 cup
Full fat Milk or fresh cream 1/4 cup
Coriander leaves few
Oil 2 tblsp
Salt as needed
Method with step by step pictures :
- Boil the potato and peel the skin. the potatoes should be firm. Do not over cook.
- Chop the onions finely.
- Heat a pan and add the ginger garlic paste and saute for few minutes till the raw smell goes off.
- Now add the onions and fry till they turn pink.
- Add the tomato puree to this and mix well.
- Add the chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt to this.
- Add the yogurt and give it a nice boil.
- Now add the potatoes to the gravy. Before adding potatoes to the gravy prick the potatoes with skewers or fork.
- This helps the masala to go inside the potatoes.
- Close the gravy with lid and keep it in a low flame.
- Stir in between. Keep in the flame for 5 mins.
- Add the milk|cream to this and mix well.
- If adding milk, do not add hot milk.
- Garnish with coriander Leaves.
- Enjoy hot with Roti| Peas Pulao.
- While boiling the potatoes do not add any water. Just pressure cook them for 3 whistles by keeping it in a vessel. Do not forget to add water in the cooker.
- Add half salt to the potatoes while cooking.
- Dum aloo can be served with rotis and jeera rice.