Ice lemon tea is a refreshing summer cooler and i have started having this ice lemon tea after lunch almost everyday.since i am taking on everyday basis, i never add too much sugar to this but if you are serving for guests you can add as per your taste. I tried this ice lemon tea with normal tea powder which i use for making everyday tea. INGREDIENTS:
|TEA POWDER | TEA BAGS||1 TBLSP | 2 TEA BAGS|
|LEMON JUICE||3-4 TBLSP|
|GINGER||A SMALL PIECE(OPTIONAL)|
- In a saucepan bring the water to boil and add the tea powder ( i used the “TATA” BRAND) . Let it boil for a minute and switch off the flame.
- If using tea bags, when the water comes to a rolling boil switch off the flame and put the tea bags inside it.
- If adding ginger, using a mortar and pestle mash it slightly and add to the water.
- cover the lid of the saucepan and keep it aside for 20 minutes.
- Strain the tea and add 1-2 cups of water to the strained tea as it may be strong.
- Add lemon juice to this and add sugar.
- Serve immediately by adding ice cubes to this.
- You can add mint leaves to the tea when the water is boiling.
- Mint will give a nice flavour and will be refreshing too.
- Do not add too much tea powder as it will give bitter taste.