I wanted to make peas paratha, but ended up making peas kachori as i have a sudden craving for kachori. Sometimes it happens for all of us to have craving for deep fried snack. Hope you all agree !. I have already posted a recipe for Kachori HERE, moth dal stuffing.
- In a wide bowl. add flour, rava and salt. If you want add a pinch of baking soda.
- Melt the ghee and pour over this flour mix. with your fingers crumble the flour.
- Now add water slow by slow and knead it into a soft yet stiff dough.
- Cover this with a damp cloth . Keep it side for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile lets make the filling ready.
- Boil the green peas either in pressure cooker or stove top.
- I used frozen peas and so i cooked on stove top.
- Drain the water completely.
- Grind this cooked peas into a coarse paste along with green chilli, garlic, and coriander leaves .
- In a pan add few drops of oil and add the coarse paste and add the garam masala , kasoori methi, cumin seeds and salt.
- Saute for few minutes till it becomes dry. Allow this to cool. The green peas stuffing is ready.
- Make the dough into eqaul lemon sized balls.
- Roll it into a small disc . If you want use dry flour for dusting.
- Place 1 tblsp of stuffing inside this and gently close it.
- Carefully roll this into a small disc. Ensure that the filling should not come out and it should get tear while rolling. Else the filling will come out while frying.
- Keep the oil ready for deep frying. The oil shouldn’t be too hot. else it will be get cooked inside.
- If it is less hot it will drink oil and won’t turn crispy.
- To check it, put a pinch of plain dough into the oil and if it immediately comes up it is the right temperature.
- Deep fry on both sides and drain the excess oil in a kitchen towel.
- Repeat the same procedure for rest of the filling.
- Always keep the dough covered. Even after making keep it covered till you fry.
- Kachori is ready for serving.
- When i told my friend that i made kachori, she told me that it is served with a aloo gravy . Even i have also seen in many blogs too. Will soon share the recipe of aloo gravy too. Here is the recipe for Aloo tamatar subzi.
- Always keep the dough covered. If it is dry you will get crispy kachoris.
- The stuffing should be dry. so drain the excess water from the boiled peas and allow it to dry completely.