Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 15 Mins |Makes:8
Thinai Flour | Foxtail millet flour 1/2 cup
Naatu Sakkarai | Jaggery 2 tblsp
Oil 2 tbslp
Baking Powder 1/2 tsp
Baking soda a pinch
Milk 1 tblsp
- In a wide bowl, add the millet flour, naatu sakkarai, oil, baking soda and baking powder.
- Knead this into a smooth dough, sprinkle little milk for kneading.
- Initially i thought the dough will not hold, but it beautifully folded and formed a dough.
- If making in bulk, just keep the dough in the refrigerator and bake in batches. The jaggery | naatu sakkarai will make the dough loose if you keep it outside.
- Take a small lemon size portion of dough and flatten them. You can use a cookie cutter to make proper round shapes.
- Arrange them in a baking tray. Preheat the Oven at 150 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Bake for 12- 15 minutes at 150 degrees.
- The cookies were bit soft when i took it out. But when it is cool, it turned out very crispy.
- Enjoy this healthy cookies with tea.
- I felt the sweetness was little less when i had the first bite, later when i finished one full cookies, i found it was perfect.
- You can even reduce it to 1 and 1/2 tblsp too.
- I have never tried this replacing with any other millet flour. Feel free to try.