Capsicum when added in most of the food will give aromatic and flavourful. We generally add capsicum|bell pepper in sambar, fried rice, paratha and some times in raita too. This south indian style of carrot capsicum thayir pachadi will be a perfect combo vatha kuzhambu or sambar rice too. Instead of making some fried accompaniments for sambar, this raita| thayir pachadi will be a perfect accompaniment, especially for this summer.
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 2 Mins |Serves: 2-3
Carrot (grated) 1/4 cup
Capsicum (cubes) 1/4 cup
Oil 1/2 tsp
Thick yogurt | curd 1/2 cup
Mustard seeds 1/8 tsp
Salt to taste
Green chili 1/2 (optional)
Coriander leaves few
- In a small pan just add few drops of oil and add the capsicum cubes and saute for a minute. This step is just to bring out the aroma of capsicum.
- Add the grated carrot in a bowl. Add this capsicum to it.
- In the same pan add remaining oil and temper with mustard seeds. Add the chopped coriander leaves to this. If adding green chili add this now.
- Add this to the carrot coriander mixture.
- Churn the yogurt, do not add water.
- Add this to the carrot capsicum mixture.
- Carrot capsicum thayir pachadi is ready.