Aloo gobi mutter is a popular north Indian subzi. Though i have tasted this combo many times in restaurants, this is the first time trying the recipe of aloo gobi mutter dry at home. This can be served with roti or with rasam rice too. After a month of holiday to India, all we need is a simple homemade food. I made this simple Potato cauliflower peas curry for lunch today along with Garlic rasam. The rainy weather complimented this delicious combo. Try this at home and let me know how it turned out.
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 30 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Aloo | potato 1 cup
Cauliflower florets 2 cups
Green peas 1/2 cup
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1/2 tsp
Amchoor powder 1/2 tsp
Garam masala 1/2 tsp (optional)
Oil 1 tblsp
Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
- Chop the onions finely. Peel the skin of the potato and chop it into cubes.
- Wash the cauliflower florets nicely. If needed dip it for a minute in hot water to remove any impurities.
- Heat a pan and add oil. Add in the mustard seeds and cumin.
- Once they crackle add the chopped onions.
- Cook till the onions become pink.
- Add in the cubed potato.
- Add the turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, amchoor powder,garam masala and salt.
- Mix well.
- Cook this for few minutes.
- Now add the cauliflower florets.
- Mix well evenly.
- Now add the green peas to this. I used frozen peas. You can use fresh peas too. If using fresh peas pressure cook this in cooker for 2-3 whistles and add.
- You can cover this and cook in low flame.
- I generally don’t cover and cook. Sprinkle little water in between and cook in a low flame till the vegetables become soft.
- Once it is cooked let it roast in the pan for few minutes.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot with rice or roti.
- You can add ginger garlic paste in the beginning, before adding the onions.
- You can add finely chopped tomatoes after adding onions.
- If using tomatoes skip the amchoor powder.
- You can use sambar powder instead of other spice powders.
- You can stuff this inside dosa and serve too.