Please check the notes section to see more healthy variations.
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Yields: 15-17
Sweet corn kernels 1 and 3/4 cup (from one big corn)
Capsicum 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
Rice flour or Millet flour 4 tblsp
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Pav bhaji masala 1 tsp
Chaat masala 1 tsp
Coriander and mint leaves few
Salt as needed
Oil for deep frying
- Cook the corn and take out the kernels. Alternatively you can use frozen corn too. If using frozen corn, thaw this and pat them in a kitchen towel and use it.
- No need to cook the frozen corn.
- Boil the potatoes and peel the skin. Mash with your hands and keep it aside.
- Chop the onions finely. Keep the capsicum ready. Chop the coriander and mint leaves.
- In a mixie pulse the the cooked corn kernels.
- In a wide bowl, add the pulsed corn kernels, mashed potatoes, chopped capsicum,onions,coriander and mint leaves.
- Add the rice flour, red chili powder, pav bhaji masala, chaat masala and salt.
- Mix this well.
- Ensure the corn mixture should be firm. If not the kebab will dissolve in oil while frying.
- Take a small portion of the mixture and make it into oblong shape.
- If you want to make it as patties shape them into round as we make for cutlets.
- Shape all the corn mixture into oblong shaped kebabs.
- Keep it refrigerated till you fry this.
- Heat oil and once it is hot bring it to medium heat.
- Deep fry the kebabs in oil till golden brown.
- Drain this in a kitchen towel.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
- You can skip the onions if you want and make it a no onion no garlic version.
- Ginger Garlic paste can be added to the kebab mixture.
- Since we are coarsely grinding the corn mixture, it won’t splutter in oil.
- Instead of rice flour, you can use millet flour or besan or plain flour or cooked millets too.
- Instead of deep frying you can cook it in a tawa and make it a healthy kebab.