Sunny Sunday popsicles post by my daughter Varsha. Check out her coconut lemonade popsicle recipe. Over to Varsha….
Today is my parents wedding anniversary, so I thought I would post a ‘perfect date’ recipe. Do you guys get the pun? I am not so good with puns or writing introductions. Since the Ramadan Month is starting tomorrow, Amma suggested that I post a dates recipe. Nowadays it rains quite often but you don’t need a sunny weather to eat popsicle, right? Well at least I don’t think so. Popsicles can be eaten anytime, anywhere. I am the kind of person who eats ice cream when its raining outside. This is a perfect recipe for people with a sweet tooth. Enough said, let’s move on to the PERFECT DATE RECIPE. Check out the eggless dates cake recipe and dates kheer recipe too.
Preparation Time : 10 mins + 15 minutes soaking time | Cooking Time :nil |Serves: 4-6
Milk 1/2 cup + 1 cup
- Soak the dates in 1/2 cup of warm milk. You can put the dates and milk in a microwave safe bowl and microwave it for 1 minute. Soak for 15 minutes.
- Soak the almonds also in hot water for 15 minutes.
- Take out the skin of the almonds and take out the seeds from the dates.
- Blend the soaked dates, almonds, banana and milk (used for soaking) in a blender/mixie.
- Add the 1 cup of milk (chilled milk) to this and mix well. Chop 2 dates and 2 almonds and put this into the mould. This step is optional.
- Pour the juice/mixture into your popsicle moulds.
- Freeze it for 6-7 hours.
- Once done, run this moulds into water and gently take it out from the mould.
- Enjoy them cold.
- You can also have it like a milkshake without freezing it.
- This recipe doesn’t have sugar as the dates are already very sweet.