Dry Coconut powder recipe – Perfect podi to mix with hot rice.
This is a very simple recipe I learned from my friend after tasting this in her place one day when we are having lunch together after a tiring day of shopping for groceries. She always keeps a lot of podis that can be mixed with rice and one among them is this Dry coconut powder also known as Kobbari Podi. Will soon share recipes for other varieties of podis also.
Dry coconut podi
- 2 cups dry coconut | kopparai
- 8-9 red chili
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp oil
- Few curry leaves
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- 2 pinches asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast the red chilli in a pan.
- When this becomes cool, grind with grated kopparai and garlic.
- Add salt while grinding.
- In a kadai add oil and throw in the mustard seeds, curry leaves, and asafoetida. When it crackles add the ground dry coconut mix.
- Saute for a minute and switch off the flame.
- When it is cool, store this in an air-tight box.
- No need to refrigerate this podi.
- Enjoy with hot rice smeared with oil | ghee and papads.