Poosanikai Kootu is a authentic recipe and this is my mom’s version of vellai poosanikai kootu. We used to call this as Poosanikai Kalyana Kootu. In my mil’s place we always makes poosanikai puli kootu, and will share that recipe later.Ash gourd also known as winter melon and it is very good for health also. INGREDIENTS
|TOOR DAL||1/4 CUP|
|CHANNA DAL||1/4 CUP|
|SAMBAR POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|COCONUT OIL||1 TSP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|CORIANDER SEEDS||1/2 TSP|
|CHANNA DAL||1/2 TSP|
- Cut the poosanikai into big cubes.
- Soak the toor dal and channa dal in water for 15 minutes.
- In a vessel put the dal and add sambar powder, turmeric powder ,salt and water.Add water to cover the dal. Do not add too much and make the poosanikai immerse in that.
- Top with the poosanikai . Pressure cook till 2-3 whistles.
- Dry roast the ingredients given under the to grind table.
- Grind this into a smooth paste adding little water.
- Dry roast the coconut in a pan without getting it burnt.
- In a pan, transfer the cooked poosanikai and dal mixture, ground masala and add 1/2 cup of water to reach the kootu consistency.
- Boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the roasted coconut and temper mustard seeds and curry leaves in coconut oil.
- Serve hot with any dry curry. We had with Yam Fry.