Check out my other dal recipes
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 4-5
Yellow moong dal 1/2 cup
Garlic 10 cloves
Green chili 1
Asafoetida | hing 2 pinches
Red chili powder 1 tsp (optional)
Salt as needed
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Oil 1 tblsp
Ghee 1 tblsp
Coriander leaves few
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Chop the tomatoes and cook this along with moong dal. Add water and 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder and pressure cook till 4-5 whistles.
- Chop the garlic, onion and green chili finely.
- In a pan add oil and ghee and add the finely chopped garlic and green chili. Add asafoetida.
- Saute till the garlic turns slightly golden brown. Saute in low flame. Take care not to burn this.
- You can add grated ginger to this, i was running out of ginger so i didn’t add.
- Add the chopped onions. Saute till it becomes translucent.
- Add the cooked dal and add red chili powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and salt.
- Add 1 – 1 and 1/2 cup water to bring it to the right consistency. Mix it well. Boil it nicely and add chopped coriander leaves.
- Switch off the flame. Lasooni dal tadka is ready.
- Serve this with rice or chapathi.
- You can add Toor dal instead moong dal or mix of toor and moong dal too.
- Kasoori methi can be added in the last to enhance the taste.