WITH EVAPORATED MILK
This mango season i ate mangoes like anything and especially during the short visit to India we had mangoes after every meal as it is easily available everywhere, which is not possible here. So after putting few extra kilograms of weight, i finally decided that i should put a full stop for buying mangoes and yesterday i got few Alphonso Mangoes and i made this easy pudding recipe. I have tried this pudding few times but every time i made with the Banganapalli mangoes as it won’t give nice vibrant color to the pudding, but no compromise on the taste.
When i tried with Alphonso mangoes, it tasted so exotic and our friend’s family who joined us for dinner enjoyed this mango sago dessert. Check out my full collection of mango recipes.
INGREDIENTS:( 7-8 SERVINGS)
|RIPE MANGOES||2 NO|
|EVAPORATED MILK||1/2 CUP|
|MANGO JUICE||1/4 CUP(OPTIONAL)|
- Wash and soak the sago in water for 1 hour.
- Drain the water and cook it in 3 cups of water for 5-7 minutes till the sago pearls becomes transparent. When it is done drain the water and wash the sago again in cold water.
- Peel the skin of mangoes and make them into slices.
- Reserve one big slice to for garnishing.
- In a blender, blend the mango slices, evaporated milk, sugar,milk and mango juice(if adding) into a smooth paste.
- Transfer the cooked sago to a big vessel.
- when it is completely cooled add the mango milk mixture to this and mix well with a spoon.
- Keep it in the refrigerator and serve chilled with finely chopped mangoes(which we reserved) on the top.
- If the pudding is very thick just add 1/4 cup of cool milk.
- Never add the mango mixture when the sago is warm, this will curdle the pudding.
- You can replace condensed milk for evaporated milk, in that case do not add sugar.