Methi thepla with video
I have already posted Methi Paratha recipe here but this methi thepla i learnt from my friend and i am big of this and after tasting this twice at her place, you know what i told. If you say i asked for the recipe, no- I told her whenever you make this methi thepla you give the dough for me also to make 4 rotis. Till date i didn’t try the dough on my own,(as she send me dough every week) even for this recipe too i called her home and asked her to make for me. We had a good chatting session while making this methi thepla. Thanks anitha for the wonderful recipe and making the theplas for me.
These theplas if handled in a proper way, like without touching with wet hands and not packing when it is too hot, is best suitable for travels too. So if you are planning for a summer vacation trip or any picnic you can prepare this and pack for your trip. This can stay for 2 days. Check out my Methi khakra recipe.
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 3-4 Min per roti |Makes: 8
Whole wheat flour| atta 1 cup
Methi leaves 1 cup
Mint leaves 1/4 cup
Red chili powder 3-4 tsp
Yogurt 2 tblsp
Salt as needed
Cumin seeds | jeera 1 tsp
Video of methi thepla
- Wash and chop the methi leaves and mint leaves finely.
- In a wide bowl, add red chilli powder, yogurt ,oil,salt and cumin seeds.
- Let this sit for 10 minutes.
- Now add the chopped methi leaves and mint leaves.
- Mix well.
- Add atta to this.
- Mix well and slowly add little water to make a smooth dough.
- Keep it covered. Take out a medium lemon sized dough .
- Roll it into a medium sized thin rotis.
- Heat a griddle and cook the rotis on both sides and drizzle little oil on it.
- Repeat this for the rest of the dough.
- If planning to pack for trips, when it is completely cool, roll it in a aluminium foil with clean hands.
- If making in bulk ,pack in small batches.
- You can add or less the spiciness according to your taste.