Mexican fried rice recipe, as i told in my previous post of Home made enchilada sauce, posting today the rice recipe. This Mexican fried rice recipe is made using Enchilada sauce, which again i did for the cookery show on Mother’s day. The rice was got a good welcome among all and it is quite a simple recipe too. If you have sauce, veg stock and frozen beans in hand, then Mexican rice can be made quickly. I have already posted a Mexican rice recipe long back, but this recipe is with home made enchilada sauce. Try this Mexican cuisine at home for a change and let me know the feed back.
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 3
- Wash and cook the basmati rice with 1 cup of vegetable broth and little salt and few drops of oil in pressure cooker for 3 whistles. Spread it in a wide plate and keep it in the refrigerator. Let this become firm and separate grains.
- Cook the beans also in the cooker with little salt. This time i used the black beans , which is soaked over night. You can use red kidney bean (rajma) or canned beans too.
- Chop the capsicum into big cubes, and cook the corn kernels and keep it aside. I used frozen corn.
- In a pan add oil and add the capsicum and corn kernels. Cook for 2 minutes and ensure the capsicum should be crunchy.
- Add the enchilada sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice to this now and mix well gently without mashing the rice. Check for salt.
- Mexican fried rice is ready to serve.
- Ensure the rice is cooked with grains separately.
- If using canned beans, just drain the water completely and add after adding the capsicum.
- Check for salt in the last as we have salt in the rice and sauce. If needed only add salt.
- The same rice can be wrapped inside a tortilla and served as a burrito.
- Traditionally mexican rice is served with grilled vegetables.