Whenever we go to Pizza hut here, we order this minestrone soup and i was searching for a perfect and easy recipe for vegetarian version of minestrone soup. I bookmarked the recipe from here. This minestrone soup tasted awesome and was quite filling too.
INGREDIENTS:(SERVES 3-4 )
|TOMATO PASTE | TOMATO SAUCE||2 TSP|
|CARROT| CORN|BABY CORN||1/2 CUP(FINELY CHOPPED)|
|CHICK PEAS||A FISTFUL(SOAKED OVERNIGHT)|
|ITALIAN SEASONING||1 TSP|
|SALT AND SUGAR||TO TASTE|
|PEPPER POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|CHILLI FLAKES||1/2 TSP|
|OLIVE OIL||1 TSP|
- Soak the chick peas for 6 to 8 hours and pressure cook them for 3 whistles.
- Chop the onions, tomatoes and the veggies finely.
- You can use any veggies of your choice.
- Finely chop the garlic too.
- In a pan add oil and throw in the minced garlic, italian seasoning and pepper.
- Add onions and saute for few minutes till it becomes translucent.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes. and saute for few minutes.
- Saute till the tomatoes turn soft.
- Add the chopped veggies,pasta , cooked chickpeas and add 2 cups of water.
- Add the tomato paste to this and mix well.
- Cook in medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Soup is ready to serve now.
- This soup was very filling .
- Chick peas can be replaced with red kidney beans or black beans.
- Any variety of pasta can be used.