Few weeks back when we went a nearby Indian restaurant for dinner I wanted to try something new and the kids ordered their usual Garlic Naan and Panner Gravy. I was going through through menu card and was inspired with this missi roti and we enjoyed this roti very much. Yesterday when i was thinking what to make for dinner, the missi roti came to my mind and i tried and it turned out well. The taste was similar to the one we had in the restaurant.
INGREDIENTS:(yields 10 –12 small rotis)
|BESAN | GRAM FLOUR||3/4 CUP|
|WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR||1/2 CUP|
|AJWAIN | OMAM SEEDS||2 PINCHES|
|KASOORI METHI||2 PINCHES|
|CHAT MASALA||1/4 TSP|
|TURMERIC POWDER||A PINCH|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||TO TASTE|
- Sift both the flours for even mixing.
- Add all the ingredients and add water ( approx 1/2 cup minus 2 tblsp) to make it into a soft dough.
- Keep it covered and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Make equal sized balls.
- Roll this into slightly thick rotis ( Since i wanted my rotis to be more cute i made them into a perfect round with the the lid of a box.)
- Heat a tawa and cook the rotis till brown spots appear on both sides.
- Brush with oil on both sides.
- This can be served with any raitha or any side dish for rotis.
- Finely chopped onion can be added to the dough.
- You can adjust the spices according to your taste.
- Finely chopped green chilli can be added instead of redchilli powder.