Check out my other paneer recipes.
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 30 Mins |Serves: 4-5
Paneer cubes 1 cup
Green peas 3/4 cup
Garlic pods 3-4
Ginger a small piece
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Cumin powder 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder 1/2 tsp
Milk 1/2 cup or Fresh cream 1/4 cup
Kasoori methi a pinch
Garam masala |kitchen king masala 1 tsp
Oil 1 tblsp + 2 tsp
Salt as needed
Method with step by step pictures:
- Heat a pan and add one tblsp oil and fry the paneer till golden brown.
- Keep it aside.
- Chop one onion into cubes and cook in the same oil till golden brown. Keep it aside.
- Chop the other onion into small pieces and cook this along with garlic, till the onions turn brown.
- Grind the onions along ginger to a fine paste.
- Grind the tomatoes into a puree or use 1/2 cup tomato puree.
- Add 2 tsp of oil in a pan and when it is hot, add the cloves,cardamom,star anise and the ground onion paste to it.
- Saute it for a minute.
- Add the tomato puree to this.
- Add chilli powder,cumin powder,coriander powder,salt and garam masala to it.
- Cook till the raw smell of the masala disappears.
- Add the green peas. I added frozen peas,you can add fresh green peas too. In that case pressure cook it for 2 whistles and add to the gravy.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Let this cook for 5-7 minutes. You can cover this and cook too.
- Boil till the peas are cooked.
- Add paneer cubes and the cooked onions too.
- Mix well.
- Add milk and bring it to one boil. If adding fresh cream add now.
- Mix well and add a pinch of kasturi methi to it.
- Mix well.
- Matar paneer masala | Mutter paneer gravy is ready to serve.
- After adding the milk or fresh cream do not boil for a long time. I used full cream milk.