Oats and dalia porridge, easy breakfast recipes
After having a lot of sweets for the past 2 weeks i wanted to have a simple breakfast today . This recipe i bookmarked from Tarla Dalal’s page a few weeks ago and this cinnamon flavored porridge didn’t fail to impress me. It was so aromatic and filling and here comes the recipe for this.
I made slight alterations to suit my taste.
|BROKEN WHEAT||3 TBLSP|
|LOW FAT MILK||1/2 CUP|
|CINNAMON POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|APPLE SLICES||1/2 CUP|
|BANANA SLICES||1 CUP|
- Wash the broken wheat nicely and drain the water.
- Heat the butter in a pressure cooker, add the broken wheat and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Now add oats and saute for 2 mins.
- Add the milk and 1 cup of water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Add the cinnamon powder and sugar and mix well.
- Keep this in the refrigerator.
- Serve with sliced apples and bananas.
- Since i don’t like bananas i didn’t add.